- The outside view of Goldman's Pharmacy is shown.
- "Thanks for helping me on such short notice," said Mort, the owner of the pharmacy to a familiar blue hedgehog.
- "No problem, Mr. G!" replied the rodent.
- His two friends, a fox and a red echidna, were doing the respective tasks of arranging things on the top shelf (using his flight power) and moving the shelves (using his strength).
- Meanwhile, a cat and a Guinea pig were waking up the block the pharmacy was at.
"Aren't we going to be a bit late, Eva?" said the cat.
- "I don't think well be that late, Cece. Maybe by just a few minutes," Eva answered.
- They approach the pharmacy.
- Mort was now at a computer. "Hey, I got a reply from the dating website! Oh, gosh. Ever since Muriel's passing, I wasn't completely sure if I wanted to do this,"
- "Don't worry about it," Sonic assured Mort "She probably wouldn't mind, and would have probably have done the same thing in your place!"
- "Alright..." Mort said, a bit nervously.
Eva and Cece enter the pharmacy.
- "Hello, anyone here?" Asks Eva as she walks in with Cece.
Back in the computer room, Mort reads the reply.
- "Oh dear, she wants to meet up with me at the restaurant across the street."
- "Hmm..." Tails said, then started typing on the keyboard for Mort, "I would love to, meet me at 7,"
- "And I'll bring two friends of mine who are also a couple and make it a double date," added Sonic. The others looked at him for a bit.
- "Hey, it's worth a shot," he told them.
- "But what two friends are you talking about?" Mort asks.
- "Topaz and Tanaka, one's a government agent and the other is a butler, I know them through another friend," he answers.
- "Oh goodness, gracious..." Mort began to say.
- "Everything's gonna be ok, I know it," Tails says to assure him.
- "I hope so," said Mort.
Eva and Cece find them in the computer room.
- "Hi, Mr. Goldman," said Cece.
- "Are we too late to help with the inventory?" asked Eva.
- "Well, I'm not going to be here for very long today," Mort told them "I've got a date tonight."
- "You do?" asks Cece.
- "Yes, and I'm going to meet her at the restaurant across the street."
- He then sounds worried "Oh no. I didn't think this quite through. If I leave, I might have to close early. Unless, I put someone else in charge. Let's see..."
- He scans across the room, trying to decide who to put in charge.
- We see Sonic looking bored, Knuckles has Tails in a headlock and is giving him a noogie, Cece walks towards a lamp and tries to turn it on, but the lampshade falls on her, and finally we see Eva signing some waivers.
- "How bout you?" Mort said to Eva.
- "Her?!" says everyone else.
- "Yes," says Mort "make sure to call me in case of an emergency at this number," he shows Eva a card. "Do you have a phone on you?"
- "Yeah," said Eva "I've got one right here," she says as she takes her cell phone out of her pocket, then puts it back.
- "Alright, then it's all set! I'll be back! If maybe tomorrow," Mort says, just as he's walking out the door, "and whatever you do, stay our of the basement!"
- They all say "bye" to Mort, while Tails says "Good luck!"
- A few minutes pass after Mort leaves. Everyone is sitting and standing around looking bored.
Eva tries to talk to everyone.
- "So, how was your day?" she leans in and asks Tails, who just slightly pushes her away.
- "So, how about that weather?" Eva asks, more nervously.
- "Partially stupid with a chance of lame," says Sonic.
- Out of the blue,Knuckles says "Let's go in the basement!"
- "But Mort says we're not allowed to go in there," said Cece.
- That seemed to have stopped him in his tracks.
- "Besides, I heard from the website "Haunted Quahog" that this pharmacy's basement is possibly a haunted location."
- Then the echinda had an idea. An awful idea. The echidna got a wonderful, awful idea!
- A grin slowly stretches across his face as he hatched a plan.
- "Eva, Eva," he said to the guinea pig. "We all know that you make a good leader,"
- "I do?" asked Eva, slightly uneasy.
- "Yeah, because everyone else leads by tact and strategy, and you lead from in here," he says as he points to her chest.
- "My endocrine gland?" Eva asks, confusedly.
- "What is your endocrine gland telling you right now?" asks her before he says in a whisper "Explore the basement!"
- "Yes! Yes we will!" Eva shouts at her belly, while Knuckles gives a smug smirk.
- Tails looks horrified, while Sonic looks like he couldn't care less.
- The door of the basement creaks open while we get a view from inside the dark room.
- "You know, this has got to be one of the best ideas you came up with," Knuckles says to Eva. "Before we go in," he continued, "how about a group hug?" He then grabs both Eva and Tails in a hug, but steals Eva's cellphone in the process.
- "Count me out!" says Sonic.
- "Suit yourself," Knuckles says, still with Eva and Tails in his arms.
- "Hey, what about me?" asked Cece.
- "No time!" he said as he pushes Eva and Tails away from him, "now let's get moving!"
- They all walk down the stairs into the basement.
- "Like cattle to the slaughter..." Knuckles says menacingly under his breath, giving a mischievious chuckle with a sinister smile on his face.
Cut to Mort art the restaurant. "Oh, my. I hope I'm not stood up, nothing would crush me more than-"
- He felt a tap on his shoulder. "Gah! The register's closed after 8pm!"
- It was a woman with wavy, strawberry blonde hair.
- "Are you Mort Goldman?"
- "Yes, that's me."
- "It's me, Rachel."